- All Implemented Interfaces:
public class GroupingExecutor extends SearcherExecutes the
grouping requestsset up by other searchers. This does the necessary transformation from the abstract request to Vespa grouping expressions (using
RequestBuilder), and the corresponding transformation of results (using
- Simon Thoresen Hult
Fields Modifier and Type Field Description
Constructors Constructor Description
GroupingExecutor(com.yahoo.component.ComponentId componentId)Constructs a new instance of this searcher with the given component id.
All Methods Static Methods Instance Methods Concrete Methods Modifier and Type Method Description
fill(Result result, java.lang.String summaryClass, Execution execution)Fill hit properties with data using the given summary class.
getGroupingList(Query query)Returns the list of
Groupingobjects assigned to the given query.
search(Query query, Execution execution)Override this to implement your searcher.
setGroupingList(Query query, java.util.List<com.yahoo.searchlib.aggregation.Grouping> lst)Sets the list of
Groupingobjects assigned to the given query.
Methods inherited from class com.yahoo.component.chain.ChainedComponent
getAnnotatedDependencies, getDefaultAnnotatedDependencies, getDependencies, initDependencies
Methods inherited from class com.yahoo.component.AbstractComponent
clone, compareTo, deconstruct, getClassName, getId, getIdString, hasInitializedId, initId, isDeconstructable, setIsDeconstructable
public static final java.lang.String COMPONENT_NAME
- See Also:
- Constant Field Values
searchDescription copied from class:
SearcherOverride this to implement your searcher.
Searcher implementation subclasses will, depending on their type of logic, do one of the following:
- Query processors: Access the query, then call execution.search and return the result
- Result processors: Call execution.search to get the result, access it and return
- Sources (which produces results): Create a result, add the desired hits and return it.
- Federators (which forwards the search to multiple subchains): Call search on the desired subchains in parallel and get the results. Combine the results to one and return it.
- Workflows: Call execution.search as many times as desired, using different queries. Eventually return a result.
Hits come in two kinds - concrete hits are actual content of the kind requested by the user, meta hits are hits which provides information about the collection of hits, on the query, the service and so on.
The query specifies a window into a larger result list that must be returned from the searcher through hits and offset; Searchers which returns list of hits in the top level in the result must return at least hits number of hits (or if impossible; all that are available), starting at the given offset. In addition, searchers are allowed to return any number of meta hits (although this number is expected to be low). For hits contained in nested hit groups, the concept of a window defined by hits and offset is not well defined and does not apply.
Error handling in searchers:
- Unexpected events: Throw any RuntimeException. This query will fail with the exception message, and the error will be logged
- Expected events: Create (new Result(Query, ErrorMessage) or add result.setErrorIfNoOtherErrors(ErrorMessage) an error message to the Result.
- Recoverable user errors: Add a FeedbackHit explaining the condition and how to correct it.
fillDescription copied from class:
SearcherFill hit properties with data using the given summary class. Calling this on already filled results has no cost.
This needs to be overridden by federating searchers to contact search sources again by propagating the fill call down through the search chain, and by source searchers which talks to fill capable backends to request the data to be filled. Other searchers do not need to override this.
public static java.util.List<com.yahoo.searchlib.aggregation.Grouping> getGroupingList(Query query)Returns the list of
Groupingobjects assigned to the given query. If no list has been assigned, this method returns an empty list.
query- The query whose grouping list to return.
- The list of assigned grouping objects.
public static boolean hasGroupingList(Query query)
public static void setGroupingList(Query query, java.util.List<com.yahoo.searchlib.aggregation.Grouping> lst)Sets the list of
Groupingobjects assigned to the given query. This method overwrites any grouping objects already assigned to the query.
query- The query whose grouping list to set.
lst- The grouping list to set.