- All Implemented Interfaces:
public class DocumentSourceSearcher extends Searcher
Implements a document source. You pass in a query and a Result set. When this Searcher is called with that query it will return that result set.
This supports multi-phase search.
To avoid having to add type information for the fields, a quck hack is used to support testing of attribute prefetching. Any field in the configured hits which has a name starting by attribute will be returned when attribute prefetch filling is requested.
Fields Modifier and Type Field Description
Constructors Constructor Description
All Methods Instance Methods Concrete Methods Modifier and Type Method Description
addResult(Query query, Result fullResult)Adds a result which can be searched for and filled.
addSummaryClass(java.lang.String name, java.util.Set<java.lang.String> fields)
addSummaryClassByCopy(java.lang.String name, java.util.Collection<java.lang.String> fields)
fill(Result result, java.lang.String summaryClass, Execution execution)Fill hit properties with data using the given summary class.
getQueryCount()Returns the number of queries made to this searcher since the last reset.
search(Query query, Execution execution)Override this to implement your searcher.
Methods inherited from class com.yahoo.component.chain.ChainedComponent
getAnnotatedDependencies, getDefaultAnnotatedDependencies, getDependencies, initDependencies
Methods inherited from class com.yahoo.component.AbstractComponent
clone, compareTo, deconstruct, getClassName, getId, getIdString, hasInitializedId, initId, isDeconstructable, setIsDeconstructable
public static final java.lang.String DEFAULT_SUMMARY_CLASS
- See Also:
- Constant Field Values
addResultAdds a result which can be searched for and filled. Summary fields starting by "a" are attributes, others are not.
- true when replacing an existing <query, result> pair.
public void addSummaryClass(java.lang.String name, java.util.Set<java.lang.String> fields)
public void addSummaryClassByCopy(java.lang.String name, java.util.Collection<java.lang.String> fields)
searchDescription copied from class:
SearcherOverride this to implement your searcher.
Searcher implementation subclasses will, depending on their type of logic, do one of the following:
- Query processors: Access the query, then call execution.search and return the result
- Result processors: Call execution.search to get the result, access it and return
- Sources (which produces results): Create a result, add the desired hits and return it.
- Federators (which forwards the search to multiple subchains): Call search on the desired subchains in parallel and get the results. Combine the results to one and return it.
- Workflows: Call execution.search as many times as desired, using different queries. Eventually return a result.
Hits come in two kinds - concrete hits are actual content of the kind requested by the user, meta hits are hits which provides information about the collection of hits, on the query, the service and so on.
The query specifies a window into a larger result list that must be returned from the searcher through hits and offset; Searchers which returns list of hits in the top level in the result must return at least hits number of hits (or if impossible; all that are available), starting at the given offset. In addition, searchers are allowed to return any number of meta hits (although this number is expected to be low). For hits contained in nested hit groups, the concept of a window defined by hits and offset is not well defined and does not apply.
Error handling in searchers:
- Unexpected events: Throw any RuntimeException. This query will fail with the exception message, and the error will be logged
- Expected events: Create (new Result(Query, ErrorMessage) or add result.setErrorIfNoOtherErrors(ErrorMessage) an error message to the Result.
- Recoverable user errors: Add a FeedbackHit explaining the condition and how to correct it.
fillDescription copied from class:
SearcherFill hit properties with data using the given summary class. Calling this on already filled results has no cost.
This needs to be overridden by federating searchers to contact search sources again by propagating the fill call down through the search chain, and by source searchers which talks to fill capable backends to request the data to be filled. Other searchers do not need to override this.
public int getQueryCount()Returns the number of queries made to this searcher since the last reset. For testing - not reliable if multiple threads makes queries simultaneously
public void resetQueryCount()